Saturday, September 17, 2011

A World of Frugality

Sarah Munguia, 18, is currently a freshman
studying Business Law at the W.P. Carey
 School of Business at Ariz. State Univ.

Raised by a frugal mother, Sarah certainly considers herself a savvy shopper.

While she desrcibed  the ideas of frugality that her mom taught her to perserve, Sarah posed a look of nostalgia as she recalled the days she shopped with her mom. "My momma has always been a savvy shopper and taught me to go o the sales rack first. She instilled frugality within me," Sarah said.

Most struggle to avoid succumbing to overly priced items; however, Sarah has developed a nifty method for avoiding these situations.

"I never spend mopre than $15 on a shirt -- everything has to be under $15," she said. "I don't just buy things out of random; I look at the price first, and [even] if I really want it, I convince myself to put it back."
Not only is Sarah penny-wise, but she also puts forth her creativity in creating newer, up-to-date looks with her older clothes. The shorts she is pictured in were originally bermudas which she cut herself. Her wardrobe consists of other DIY projects as simply as sleeveless shirts and blouses.

"I usually try to do [a simple look], but it doesn't come out that way. At least I don't think so."






"It's like a sophisticated bohemian," Sarah says, describing her style. "Well, I like things that are flowy. First of all, it's really hot [in Ariz.], so flowy is weather-smart. Over the course of six months I began to appreciate my belts collection and I started tucking my shirts in to show off my belts."

Sarah finds her clothes at Marshall's, Sears, Papaya, and occassionally Forever 21. Without further ado, the following list states the various prices for Sarah's outfit and the stores where the garments may be found:
Tank top - Found at Sears for $4 at the clearance rack, original price being $24
Shorts/bermudas - Found at Mervyns for about $10-15
Cushioned Flats - Sam's Club for $9-11
Bracelet - Her mom bought it at a shop in Mexico
Nail Polish - Unknown brand for $2 (Sarah describes it as a ruby red color.)


No comments:

Post a Comment