Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bobe Bobe Bobe All About Bobe


About Bobe: “I'm a sophomore at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at ASU. I intern for Ahwatukee Foothills News, write weekly columns for The State Press, and work on the Media Team for Phoenix Fashion Week. In the past, I've interned with Arizona Foothills Magazine in Scottsdale. I'm also the secretary for the National Association of Black Journalists at ASU. In the future, I see myself as working for a fashion magazine, desirably in California (because New York is way too cold). I'm just your typical journalism student trying to pave her way to something greater.”

Dear readers, to avoid any confusion this certain person we like to call Bobe (yes, with a silent e) is really Ashley Haines. We had a great deal of trouble coming up with a headline for Bobe’s feature because for one, she’s amazingly unique and beautiful and secondly, she’s oh, so cool. Anyway, we really wanted to include the acronym “MIA” somewhere in there, but we couldn’t figure out how to include it. Why MIA, you may ask? Because according to Bobe , if her outfits could sing any song it would have to be one that may be found via the M.I.A. station found on Pandora.

Bobe, inspired by the weather and her mood on previous nights, mentioned that she gets her style from “anywhere and everywhere”. 

“I never put too much thought into defining it [my style],” she stated via a Facebook interview as she questionably asserted three words to define her style. The three words she chose to define her style (however, those words shouldn’t be applied to her on a daily basis) are: Eclectic, random, and comfortable.

“I don't intentionally try to say anything with my style. I just like to be me. I don't really care if people think I look good or not because I don't dress for them,” Bobe said.

I’m [Noemi] a true believer in the possible inspiration that other people’s styles have on us. Thus, during our junior year of high school, Bobe being a senior, I was always fascinated by the eccentric colors she wore to school, yet how casual and comfortable she looked; she dressed in a completely laid back style that I so badly wanted to be able to emulate.

However, back to Bobe and all about Bobe, if you have been briefly or thoroughly inspired and moved by her sense in fashion she just happens to shop everywhere, making her outfit all the more attainable…and just a little difficult to attain because of the ambiguity behind this fact.

She shops everywhere. Or how she put it via FB, “I shop EVERYWHERE. I consider myself pretty eclectic when it comes to my style, and I never know where I may find my next favorite piece.”

Bobe nonetheless considers herself a savvy shopper “in the sense that I start my shopping process with clearance items or the cheaper things.”

However, it’s no crime to splurge once in a while…we suppose:

Bobe said, “But, I am a firm believer in having a good splurge every once in awhile – and sometimes I just can’t help myself…”

She has no set budget: “. When I find myself out at the mall or anywhere else I can spend money, I usually get a shirt here, shorts there, dress here. I just accumulate more clothes over an extended period of time.”
  Denim button up purchased at Target: ~$20
  Shorts: Love Couture brand, ~$13
  Gold, Glittery Toms: Purchased at Last Chance, $19.99 (originally being about $60ish)
  Ring: A promise ring from her boyfriend for their one-year anniversary (“Of course, I never go a day without it,” she said.)
  Lipstick Necklace: Valentine’s Day gift from her boyfriend, as well.
  BIG SPLURGE ALERT: Watch was $276, bought as a birthday gift to herself





1 comment: