Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Denim, Denim, and Makeup

Let me start off by saying that red lipstick makes me feel like a bad@$$, and I usually smile in pictures.

Regardless, this isn't another "I threw this on this morning because I hate Tuesdays" post. I actually want to talk about makeup as an accessory, and I'm not saying it's a must-- I only wear makeup once or twice a week nowadays, anyway-- I just really believe it has a large impact on an outfit.

For example, when I first put this outfit on, I paired it with my Converse sneakers, my hair was in a ponytail, and wore a silver "peace" necklace and ring; the moment I applied the red lipstick,--which I've been dying to wear for weeks-- however, I knew it was all wrong.

To me, the red gave me a more mature look that did not match the sneakers nor did it scream for peace. So, I let my hair down, exchanged the cutesy jewelery with my favorite pearl necklace, and BAM! I had a completely different outfit.

It's the same with eye makeup. I go for dark mascara and eyeliner whenever I'm going for an intense, dramatic look, or if I'm feeling less bold, I lightly brush on a nude, yet glittery, eyeshadow.

Now let's get to the outfit which, all together, I'd describe it as sophisticated casual-- kind of funny considering I usually wear my denim shirt over dresses to tone down my look, but it must be the black shorts and pearls that make me feel... older? Very simple and comfortable at the same time.

Ps. I cannot wait until it cools down here in Phoenix. I'm not exaggerating when I say half of my closet is filled with sweaters, jackets, and cardigans I'd love to share with y'all!

With love, Gabee.
Shirt: Target $15 or $20
Shorts (originally pants): Yard Sale $2
Pearl necklace and bracelet: Gifts
Shoes: Coach (A gift to my sister, not actually mine)
Lipstick: Wet 'n' Wild $2 (Longlasting despite the price!)



No comments:

Post a Comment