Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bold. Chic. Timeless. And an Inspiration.

Cody Larkin, from Wisconsin, is majoring in Public Relations at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications at ASU while minoring in Dance. According to Cody, dance is a huge part of his life as well as the LGBT community.

With Bon Iver's pitch increasing as he sings, "that was Wisconsin that was yesterday", it's notably understandable why Wisconsin boy Cody derives fashion inspiration from it now that he's residing in Arizona.

Unlike many people I've (Noemi) come across with, Cody finds the piercing Arizona heat comforting, giving him a leeway to take a different approach with his outfitts, going more for a West coast look rather than an East coast one. He mentioned that what starts off with cutoffs develops into an entire outfit. He also said that his style has become more urban since his move to the city.

"I don't think I really think about portraying anything. Honestly, I wear whatever I feel like wearing."


Cody draws his creative wardrobe by visiting lookbook.nu, keeping up with Derek Saathoff (former model, now a stylist), and watching "A-List New York" ("Gay version of House Wives," according to Cody) and also by keeping up-to-date with All Saints  Spitafields' (store) seasonal lookbooks.

"Just around campus I get inspiration," Cody mentioned. "I think fashion is everywhere that you look."

White & Black Striped Shirt - H&M, on sale for under $15
Bermudas, Khaki cutoffs - Urban Outfitters, Levi brand, 50% off for $25
Boots - F21 for $20
Key Necklace - a DIY necklace: bought chain, found key
Bracelets - found one in South Carolina and the other at Buckle
Ring -found in Scotland during a trip with the theatre program at his former high school

P.s. I will probaly forever ask our featured folks to pose in front of The Maine's wall so long as I live in Downtown Phoenix! One cool thing about Cody posing in front of the "M" logo is that he was wearing black&white which I will pretend was intentional (which really wasn't) considering The Maine's last album was named Black & White. Also, some of you might be wondering why we ask people to name a song their outfit might be singing to the world...well, it's because for one, I like to pretend my clothes sing to me songs by The Smiths and secondly, because I want to take the opportunity to promote starting-out bands and introduce new music to you folks, our dear readers. Also, since we're on the subject of music, I like to think that the cherry bomb in the grafitti is representing a song by The Runaways!

P.s. I love the word "folk(s)". ANYWAY, BACK TO CODY! ^^

1 comment: