Friday, September 30, 2011

'I’m Going Back Home to the West Coast': West Coast Fashion

Charise Frias, 19, is studying Business Marketing at
the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona
State University
For most college students, shopping can mean peril to their tight budget. It is no different for Charise.

The fashionista gets her style inspiration as an avid blog reader--her favorites are fashiontoast.com and manrepeller.com. When she sees a look, she tries to recreate it. Although she tries to stick to a $50 budget, some things are worth a splurge.

As for her own style, Charise described it as laidback, simple, and bohemian.

"I don't like to make it look like I'm trying too hard. I'm simple, but I like to look different [from everyone else]."

The California native keeps it close to home by maintaining a beachy look during the warm seasons--if her photographed look could sing, it'd definitely be West Coast by Coconut Records.
Despite her impeccable bohemian style, like most fashion-forward folk would agree, putting together an outfit isn't always easy.

"For school, I just throw on anything, but if I'm going out, I have my own fashion show."

Charise shops at places such as Buffalo Exchange, Forever 21, and Goodwill.

Shirt: Shop in Calif. $20
Shorts: Buffalo Exchange $10
Shoes: Hottie $20
Friendship bracelets: Gifts
Brown bracelet: Beach vendor $7
Ring: Found
Hair feather (originally much bigger): Beach shop in Calif. $20


No comments:

Post a Comment