Thursday, June 28, 2012

A BFF Feature: Lizza & Bianca



When the idea of Chatoyant Diary first came to be, Lizza (right) and Bianca (left) were some of the few people that instantly popped into my head for features (in fact I still have the sticky note list with their names on it somewhere in my laptop bag). Their styles, while they've evolved as they both said, has always had personality, uniqueness, and, a word that they seem to use ofte, a touch of "cute".
After our photo shoots, we did a quick interview via Facebook.

Chatoyant Diary: Where did you purchase each item from your outfit? How much was each item? Which one item was your best bargain?
Lizza Dacut: Black shorts - Forever 21, around $15 I think. Pink top - Forever 21, $12. Brown oxfords - target, $9. Gold anchor earrings - Forever 21, $2.50. Green shark tooth necklace - gift from my mom. Brown sunglasses - hand-me-down from my mom. Black capris - sears, $12. Black and white top - Clothing Co, $7. Black heels - gift.
Bianca Fragoso: First outfit – blazer $13 at Marshalls; blouse $10 at F21; shorts ~$6 at Goodwill; shoes $20 at Target; ring $2.50 at boutique in CA; sunglasses $2 on sale at fredflare.com; necklace was given to me,
Second outfit – shirt $20 at insound.com; skirt ~$6 at Goodwill; heels $15 at Ross; same sunglasses from first outfit
I think that’s it??
CD:  Where do you shop?
LD: I shop at a bunch of random places. Forever 21 is my favorite store, but i also go to target, goodwill, sears, macy's and a bunch of other department stores (but only for their clearance/sale items lol)
BF: I lovelovelove going thrifting. It’s like treasure hunting! Goodwill and Savers are great . My trick is to go to thrift stores in a “nicer” area – the people that donate to these stores are rich, so you’ll find better quality pieces haha. The small local thrift stores are good too. They usually have more of their own certain character to them. Besides thrift stores, I like going to H&M, F21 and Marshalls. Also I just recently started buying things online.

CD: Do you consider yourself a savvy shopper?
LD: I do consider myself that, especially since i never like to pay over $20 for an item
BF: Yes, I make my own money and I make sure to spend it wisely. I always double check the sale/clearance rack and usually only buy things over $20 if I’m dyingggg to have them
CD: Who or what inspires your outfits?
LD: No one really inspires my outfits, but i wouldn't say my outfits are original either. I just wear what i think is cute, comfortable and what goes well with my body type.
BF: There’s not one particular person who inspires my outfits; I find inspiration from everywhere and everyone. I use what I see on the streets of LA or in class, from friends, online, and fashion from past eras. I also like to mix dressy pieces with casual pieces, and I gravitate towards classic pieces with a bit of interesting twist to them. I combine these different sources of inspiration to create more of a unique style.

CD: What are you usually trying to portray/what are your trying to say with your style?
LD:  I usually try to portray comfortable cuteness with my clothes
BF: Well, like many others, I’m just trying to portray myself. And every day is different. There are certain days when I wake up feeling especially girly so I’ll put on a pretty dress. Other days, I feel more "dark" so I’ll put on my Smiths shirt and black skinny jeans etc etc.
CD: If your clothes could sing what song would they be singing?
LD: Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay by Big Sean (hahaha i dont even know why).
BF:  lol omg Lizza. My first outfit, I would say Close To Me by the Cure because it’s a simple song but still very cute - just like my outfit is simple with its neutral colors and classic pieces but still cute and not boring. Also the blazer reminds me of the 80s, hence the Cure~
 fFor my second outfit, probably After the Moment by Craft Spells just because it sounds like bubble gum and sparkles and that’s how I feel wearing this outfit... if that makes any sense at all?

CD: What is your favorite latest trend and how do you make it your own?
BF:  My favorite trend is the high-waisted bottoms. I really think they flatter my body and they are reminiscent of the 50s and 60s which I love. I’m glad they’re back in style and easily found in stores now. I try to pair these with more modern looking pieces as to not look costume-y.

CD: Aside from clothes and shoes, how do you incorporate fashion into your everyday style?
LD: I looooooove cute earrings, so even when im too lazy to get dressed up or have to wear my work clothes or something, i try to brighten up my outfit with them. I also love eye makeup, and when i wear eye shadow i try to coordinate with my clothes, or make an ensemble a little sassier with winged tip eyeliner.
BF: I don't really wear much makeup or jewelry, but I do love cute sunglasses. They're a great way to perk up an outfit or pull it together.

CD: Describe your style in 3 words.
LD: Subtle yet nouveau.
BF: 3 words: FA-BU-LOUS lololol jkjkjk.
CD: How would you describe one another's style?
LD: Awh Bianca is just too cute for words, like ugh. She is too precious. She looks good everything and makes everything look good. Her style is really versatile - it's sometimes chic and classy, sometimes very casual/beachy/california-y, and sometimes just so hipster.
BF: Lizza is just the cutest lil’ thing. I would describe her style as effortlessly quirky and adorable. It’s simple and chic but it’s got some spunk to it! It really reflects her personality well.

CD:  How did you meet? When? Did you notice each other's style?
LD: Omg we met in freshman year of high school in Mr. Mandurraga's Biology class. Awh and we sat near each other an started talking. I instantly thought bianca had great style.
BF: Lol yeah we met freshman year in Bio class. I was totally secretly jealous of Lizza's /edgy/ look and wanted to be her friend.
CD: How has your style evolved?
LD: My style has definitely changed and matured over time. I used to wear nothing but jeans and t-shirts, but now I still love jeans, but I'm more into flowy blouses, bright colors, and high-wasted skirts and shorts.
BF:  I also used to wear just jeans and t-shirts, but I've grown more confident and like to have fun with what I wear. I wear what I think is cute.

Lizza is currently a student at Arizona State University majoring in family and human development. Bianca attends the University of Southern California and has declared her first major in cognitive science and hopes to declare a second major in neuroscience when she returns this fall.








1 comment: