Saturday, November 3, 2012

Estonian Princess



Meet Piia: A high school student with an an impeccable hand for accessible fashion. Hoping to move on to the university and maybe study journalism afterwards, Piia currently is living in the capital of Estonia, Tallinn - located in north-eastern Europe.

Piia has an amazing blog that she started three years ago where she features her OOTD with the help of one of her photographer friends (the photos of Piia were a contribution of hers to this post). Go check it out, you won't be disappointed: Bowtie Diary.

Over a year ago, Gabee and I decided that we wanted to start our own blog featuring accessible fashion through people-features where, hopefully, others could gather some inspiration from those features. 

At the time that Gabee and I came to this conclusion, we were on vacation in California - whether it's something about the West coast or not, we decided that we loved fashion but we wanted to be able to look utterly rich in very affordable clothes. That's where Piia comes in. Gabee presented me to her blog, and she had me at "Bowtie Diary." We, therefore, used her blog as a foundation for ours, gathering ideas and generating new ones through a variety of sources but mainly through hers.

We came into contact with Piia about a month ago and asked her if she would participate in a Q&A with us, and she agreed. I was seriously doing some mental twirls and cartwheels in my mind! 

Please enjoy the Q&A with Piia, her photos, her outfit, and make sure to check her blog out HERE (blog), HERE (FB) and HERE (Lookbook)! 

----

Q: ♥ Who inspired your outfit? Or, how did you go about deciding how to pair the outfit?

A: The main inspiration for this outfit was the bitten apple necklace from an online shop called

Rings&Tings. Since I received it a bit before Halloween, I thought that it would be fun to build

my outfit around that and go for a Snow-White look. With the black and white colors, I think it

all came together quite well, with the necklace being a small, but important detail.

  
Q: ♥ Where do you shop? Where did you purchase each item from your outfit? How much was
each item? Which one item was your best bargain?

A: Mostly I shop at thrift stores, because as a student, I’m always on a budget. There are a few

shops in my hometown that aren’t ridiculously overpriced, where I go too. Sadly we don’t have
the big international retailers and the closest H&M is in Helsinki. But on my trip there and to
Sweden I almost always buy something from H&M or Gina Tricot. Sometimes I like to make
myself something too, whether it is a simpler skirt or a piece of jewellery or just adding little
details to something.

Outfit details:
Sweater- thrifted – 3,5 € [~$4]
Dress- thrifted, but actually from Zara- 1,2 € [~$3]
Necklace- gifted by Rings&Tings, but costs 3,5 £ [~$5]
Boots- are by Tamaris and belong to my mother. As for the price, I have no idea, but I guess they
were about 35 € [~$44]

I think that my favorite item is the sweater, although the dress is a spectacular bargain too. But
the sweater has a really nice fit, is extremely versatile and classic and I can see myself wearing it
all through the winter.

Q: Define your style in 3 words:

A: Preppy, feminine, affordable.

Q: ♥ Tell me a little bit about yourself (school, major/study, future goals, why are you majoring/studying that, where you’re from)? 

a: I live in a small country in Europe, called Estonia. I’m from the capital, Tallinn, which is a town
with rich history and beautiful sights. I’m currently a high school student, but plan to go to university next year. It would be pretty awesome to study journalism, I’ve kind of started to like
the field as a possible career option.

As for hobbies, then blogging and an interest in fashion (does it even need to be mentioned?!), I also play badminton, love to cook (and eat!) and try to keep fit and do a normal amount of
sports regularly.


Q: ♥ If your outfit could sing, which song would it be singing? Why so?

A: “Wake me up before you go-go”. Pretty obvious, considering the Snow-White theme.

Q: ♥ Tell me about your blog: why did you start it, what would you like to get out of blogging, what would you like your readers to get out of your blog?

A: I don’t really remember why I started my blog almost three years ago. I think it might have been because of the inspiration I got from a few blogs I followed and wanted to share my style and thoughts too. It’s amazing how little I knew about fashion and blogging then and how much I've learnt with that time.

It would be awesome if my readers would be inspired to wear something because I wore it, or
try something new because they saw it on my blog, but if they’re not, that’s OK too. I love to
have people reading about what I do and what I wear and I appreciate every single one of them for that.

Q: ♥ What is your favorite latest trend and how do you make it your own?

A: I absolutely love plaid. There’s something so British about the print that I’m instantly pulled
towards it. My ultimate wishlist item is a pair of plaid paints, but I’d absolutely love to have a
plaid coat, boots, umbrella…(all very British items of clothing, no?).

p.s. If anyone knows, where to get a cool pair of budget-friendly plaid jeans, I’d be so grateful!

Q: ♥ Where would you wear the outfit? (i.e. night out with the girls, date night, café)

A: Well, I wore it to school, but it would work very well at a casual party, a café date and pretty
much every casual-dressing place you want to go to.

Make sure to give this "like" a post and to check out Piia's blog!













No comments:

Post a Comment