Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Campus Style: An I Love Lucy Outfit

Megan Thompson, student at the Cronkite School of Journalism majoring in broadcasting, has poignantly elegant, yet such a girly and casual look that I finally had the courage to ask her if she would allow me to feature her style as part of our new up and coming page, Campus Style. She also reminds me so much of Cinderella and Snow White.

She bought her dress at Forever 21, and her boots at a boutique shop at of Arizona's shopping centers - Arizona Mills.

She says that the dress is her biggest bargain, and here's why:

"It cost around $15, and it is the easiest outfit to put together," Megan says. "Dresses look super 'done-up' without all the work of picking a pants, shirt, jacket, etc."

If our outfit could sing, she further says, it would be singing the charming "I Love Lucy" theme song. A perfect match with her polka dot on polka dot!

"Fashion, to me, means understanding personality. My style shows off spunk, excitement, professionalism and edge. I like weird things that are different. I feel like I am treated in a more positive way when I take time to take care of myself and put effort into my appearance. I think looks do mean a lot, but not in a narcissistic way...more like, you appreciate and take care of yourself, so others will respect you and your personality."

Give the post a "like" if you enjoyed it & love Megan's outfit! 

-Over and out, kitty cats-



No comments:

Post a Comment