Friday, February 8, 2013

Favorite e.l.f Products


In the past few months, I've become obsessed with makeup products which can get pretty pricey, but luckily for any makeup wearer on a budget, there's e.l.f. "Top Premium Cosmetic & Makeup for Less" is what they describe themselves as, and for the most part, they're pretty dead on. For those of you not familiar with the brand, e.l.f (eyes, lips, face) sells makeup, makeup tools, and other cosmetic products for super cheap-- anywhere from $1 to maybe $5 tops-- at most drugstores (I buy mine at Target). Although most of the makeup and tools I've purchased from the line are amazing, the whole "you get what you pay for" still applies on some products, so I thought I'd share with you all what is worth more than the few bucks they're sold for.




Lipstick $1:
My lipstick collection has grown tremendously in the last month or so with some products priced at more than $10 (yes, I know, it's bad), yet this one is still one of my favorites. I used to have a couple of different shades, but now I'm down to just one in a light pink called "seductive". The color pay-off is wonderful without having to often. It's also really hydrating which is something you usually have to compromise with cheap lipstick.









Makeup Mist & Set $3:
I'd been wanting to try a setting spray for a while because my oily skin doesn't like holding makeup very well, but I didn't know where to start. While reading a review for a foundation, I saw someone mention they used this little guy, which I had no idea existed, so I went out and bought it thinking I'd eventually upgrade to something better. As of now, I have no intention of switching to a different brand. This one does the job just fine. I was afraid that it'd make my face sticky, or clog my pores and cause me to break out, but that's not the case at all. If you do choose to go out and try it for yourself, do know it has a distinct odor going on, but it doesn't stay on your skin.





Clarifying Pressed Powder $1:
Like I said, I have pretty oily skin, so I'm always looking for a powder that will help control and conceal that. I've tried some that are made specifically for oily and acne-prone skin at a much higher price, and this one gets the job done just as well. While it's not my go-to product, it's still one of my favorites mostly because of its size. Also, a little goes a long way this one as it's pretty pigmented.










-Gabee

No comments:

Post a Comment